If you are a writer or someone who has to write something now and then be that emails, articles, copywriting content, blog posts, or social media messages, a great writing software helps everyone alike.
This online writing software helps you with various tasks, ranging from organizing your files to acting as an automated editor.
Many writers may believe that they shouldn’t use editing assistance from writing software. While writing software may not point out all types of errors humans can identify, they still prove a big help.
You can think of them as a second-layer proofread for your works. You don’t have to rely on just them, but they can still improve your content’s readability and save you a bit of time.
Today, you can find many writing software available in the market that boasts various features that let you proofread your works with a few clicks.
Now, who will benefit from writing software?
Like I said before, it doesn’t matter whether you are a writer who is looking to proofread his copywriting or only someone who often has to write long business-related emails that you would love to pass through an automatic proofread.
In this article, I will talk about all the best writing software options available on the market and decide which is the most suitable for you.
Best Writing Apps in 2020
The best grammar checker, in my opinion, is Grammarly. You can use Grammarly as a web app or an extension, and it will check a document of yours for errors, grammar, plagiarism, etc.
There is also a free version of Grammarly with some restrictions, but it’s still an excellent writing app.
- Suggestions and corrections related to grammar, vocabulary, clarity, etc. are all in real-time.
- Grammarly gives you simple explanations for suggestions and errors.
- Has generally higher accuracy than the competition
- Lots of customization options available so you can set the app up to your liking.
- The free version is a bit too limited.
- There is no guarantee that the extension is compatible with the word processing software of your choice.
I recommend checking out my Grammarly Pro review to get a better understand of Grammarly's pros and cons.
Grammarly Pricing and Features
Grammarly pricing is simple, it has two plans: Free and paid.
The Free plan costs you nothing and provides you with the following features:
- Spelling errors
- Grammatical errors
- Punctuation errors
- Conciseness suggestions
The Premium plan costs $29.95/month. However, if you decide to pay quarterly, it will cost you only $19.98/month. You can also go with the annual option where you will pay $11.66/month.
The Premium version includes everything in the free plan, plus all these features:
- Clarity improvement suggestions
- Tone corrections according to your needs.
- Vocabulary suggestions
- Plagiarism checker
- Formality corrections
- Advanced suggestions like consistency
Grammarly is an incredibly excellent writing app that every writer can use as it only gives you recommendations based on tone, target audience, vocabulary level, etc. that you set.
If you are looking for one of the best writing apps that are reasonably priced, I would suggest going with Grammarly.
Linguix checks your writing for errors and provides context-appropriate grammar, punctuation and style suggestions. The tool is more than just a spell checker, with over 2700+ advanced corrections that cover thousands of issues from grammar to style. Linguix offers detailed explanations for popular errors and gives recommendations on how to make your business emails as well as academic and personal projects read and look better.
Web app features a secret mode for editing sensitive content. This mode lets you make your changes and then *poof* all of that data is gone as soon as the document is. Browser extension helps in fixing writing mistakes everywhere on the web, including Google Docs, email, professional software for content creation, messaging apps and lots more.
Also, Linguix retail and business users can create their snippets for faster writing. These are draft texts, used for automating repetitive writing tasks like scheduling a meeting or sending intros. Snippets offer a quick and easy shortcut that you can readily insert into your communications without having to retype long messages.
Built-in vocabulary suggestions help users to add some color to their writing. Linguix not only helps you when you write, but even when you read. Just use the “Look Up in Linguix” feature to get the definition instantly. Linguix also provides personalized email reports to help you understand the weak points in your grammar. This is especially helpful for non-native English speakers.
- Spelling, grammar, and style check software.
- Snippets and content templates for faster writing.
- Advanced insights and readability scores.
- Browser extension and third-party tools integration.
- Synonyms suggestions.
- Definitions database.
- Business dashboard and team management
LivingWriter is a relatively new story or book writing software. It’s entirely web-based, so that you can access it with a browser.
There are lots of pre-made templates available that can help you start quickly. It’s also relatively easy to use, especially if you are already familiar with popular word processors like Google Docs or Microsoft Word.
- Smart auto-complete of text as you write.
- Integration with Grammarly.
- Great import tool.
- Complete edit history
- Auto-save feature.
- There is no mobile app version.
- Not suitable for scriptwriting
LivingWriter Pricing and Features
There is only a single plan for LivingWriter.
There are two payment options. Monthly is $9.99/month and yearly is $8.00/month.
LivingWriter offers the following list of features:
- Plot quickly with time-tested story outlines.
- The LivingWriter board.
- It helps you with the organization of stories with an easy drag-and-drop board.
- Smart Text and Auto-suggest.
- Both light and dark modes are available.
- Writing Goals.
If you only want to try LivingWriter out, you can opt for their 30-day free trial and enjoy all the LivingWriter features at zero cost.
LivingWriter is great writing software if you want to write stories or books. It has some pretty nice features that make life more comfortable, and the pricing is decent.
I recommend it to anyone who feels like LivingWriter is suited for you.
Next on the list is ProWritingAid, which is a grammar correction and proof-reader writing software.
It’s a bit similar to Grammarly, but it has fewer features to offer at a lower price.
- ProWritingAid offers sufficient accuracy.
- It has an easy-to-use interface.
- It is up-to-date with the latest English vocabulary.
- Compatible with all platforms.
- It has very affordable pricing.
- The free version is quite limited.
- You have to buy a more expensive plan just to get the plagiarism checker.
ProWritingAid Pricing and Features
There is a ProWritingAid free plan that helps you get the feel of the service.
The features it includes are:
- Summary Report on Key Issues
- 19 Writing Reports
- You can edit up to 500 words at a time.
- It is for online use only.
The free plan doesn’t offer much. That’s why you may have to get a subscription to either of the two paid versions that ProWritingAid has for you.
The Premium plan costs $20/month or $6.58/month if you decide to pay yearly.
There is also a lifetime payment option that costs $399, a perfect deal.
Features offered in the Premium plan are:
- Grammar Checker
- Spell Checker
- Find Repeated Words
- Contextual Thesaurus Report
- In-Depth Reports
- Plagiarism Checker
- Detailed Explanations
- Word Explorer
- Time-saving Integrations
The other version is the Premium Plus plan, which costs $24/month or $7.42/month if you go for the yearly payment option.
The lifetime payment option is a single fee of $499 for this plan.
It naturally includes all the features already included in the Premium plan.
Additionally, it includes a plagiarism checker that allows you to do 60 checks per year.
That said, in the ProWritingAid vs Grammarly battle, Grammarly would win as you get a lot more for a lot less.
ProWritingAid can be a nice piece of writing software for editors and writers. It has some excellent features to offer, and it’s pretty affordable.
The yearly plan is a pretty good deal, and the lifetime payment option is excellent value for those already sold on ProWritingAid.
If you can’t afford Grammarly, I recommend you to go with ProWritingAid.
Scrivener is one of the best apps for writers interested in writing long texts like books and reports.
Scrivener offers many organization features that make managing long-form writing projects relatively easy.
It certainly has much more to offer you than a simple word processor like Google Docs or Microsoft Word.
- You can keep track of your daily writing goals.
- Scrivener allows you to divide your book into sections, which makes management more effortless.
- Pre-made templates help you get quickly started.
- You can easily rearrange sections however you like.
- Using Scrivener is relatively easy.
- Windows users might face compatibility issues with integrations.
- There are a lot of features, so that it might seem a bit overwhelming at first.
- There is no Android app.
Scrivener Pricing and Features
Pricing is a strong point of Scrivener as it only has a one-time fee of $45 for Windows users ($49 for Mac users and $19.99 for iOS users).
You can also buy the Windows + Mac bundle for a discount and pay the price of $80.
Scrivener boasts the following features:
- Familiar Text Editing
- Formatting Presets
- Option for importing files from other apps
- Templates and Icons
- Tools for Non-Fiction
- View Documents Side by Side
Scrivener is an excellent piece of writing software for anyone interested in writing a book or another type of long-form content. Using Scrivener is pretty straightforward.
The lifetime fee makes it all the easier to purchase as you don’t have to shell out cash each month continually, and you also never have to worry about your subscription expiring.
5. Google Docs
Google docs is a fantastic yet straightforward word processor with lots of features distinguishing it from the competition.
The most prominent place where Google Docs shines is the sharing feature. It’s effortless to simultaneously collaborate with other writers and editors on a single project.
All you have to do is copy the share link, send it to them or add the writers to the project. Sharing is that simple.
Other collaborators can also leave comments on the file to suggest edits and other things.
You can keep everything in one place on Cloud, and it will automatically make a backup for every single edit in the file.
Google Docs Pros
- The sharing feature is excellent and very easy-to-use.
- The free edition of Google Docs is simply amazing.
- Your files are stored securely in the Cloud.
- It saves all edits in the files so that you can go back to an earlier version.
- You can create links or bookmarks for text in your file.
Google Docs Cons
You require an internet connection for the full usage of Google Docs.
Google Docs Pricing and Features
For personal use, you can use Google Docs for entirely free. However, if you are a business, you might want to look into the G Suite pricing plans to take the full advantage of Google apps.
There are three paid plans for G Suite.
The Business Starter plan costs $6/month per user and contains the following features:
- Custom and secure business email
- 100 participant video meetings
- 30 GB cloud storage per user
- Security and management controls
- Standard Support
The second plan is the Business Standard plan, which costs $12/month per user and offers these features:
- Custom and secure business email
- 150 participant video meetings + recording
- 2 TB cloud storage per user
- Security and management controls
- Standard Support (paid upgrade to Enhanced Support)
Finally, the Business Plus plan costs $18/month per user and gives you access to all these features:
- Custom and secure business email + eDiscovery, retention
- 250 participant video meetings + recording, attendance tracking
- 5 TB cloud storage per user
- Enhanced security and management controls, including Vault and advanced endpoint management
- Standard Support (paid upgrade to Enhanced Support)
Google Docs Verdict
Google Docs is a fantastic piece of writing software with the best collaboration features. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in easily sharing files between team members.
ConvertKit, as the name implies, is an email marketing tool for converting your readers into long-term customers.
It allows you to send marketing and educational emails to your readers added to your email list.
ConvertKit also has automation features so you can automate marketing emails and make the process a ton easier.
Email marketing is pretty essential for running a business today, so every writer should look into getting a ConvertKit subscription.
- ConvertKit efficiently and effectively integrates with WordPress.
- Writers can automate their entire email marketing process thanks to ConvertKit’s advanced automation builder.
- Ease of use is a strong point of ConvertKit when compared to other email marketing software.
- 24/7 live chat support is available.
- Unlike other email marketing software, ConvertKit has a tag-based subscriber system so you can target a particular audience.
- There aren’t enough template customization options.
- A/B split testing is a bit limited when compared to the competition.
ConvertKit Pricing and Features
There is a free software plan that can let you test around the service to get a feel.
It’s also completely free, meaning you don’t need to enter your credit card details, and it doesn’t expire either.
You get these features if you go for the free plan:
- Unlimited landing pages and forms
- Unlimited traffic
- Customizable domain
- Ability to send email broadcasts
- Subscriber tagging
- Management of up to 1000 subscribers
The Creator plan is the cheapest paid version and starts at $29/month ($25/month if you go for the yearly payment option).
With this subscription, you get everything already included in the free plan, along with the following features:
- Automated email funnels and email sequences
- Premium support
- Free migration from your current tool
Lastly, the Creator Pro plan starts at $59/month ($50/month for the annual option).
It naturally includes all the features of the Creator plan, plus all these:
- Facebook custom audiences
- Deliverability reporting
- Invite your team
- Redirect links in email broadcasts
- Subscriber engagement scoring
- Newsletter referral system
- Priority support
While one may not consider ConvertKit writing software, it’s still a must-have for professional writers as email marketing is essential for setting up a successful business today.
7. Dragon Naturally Speaking
Dragon Naturally Speaking is a dictation writing software that lets writers convert speech-to-text accurately.
A dictation writing software can be useful for you if your typing speed isn’t that fast. Speech-to-text can result in some brief write-ups.
Dragon Naturally Speaking Pros
- Dragon offers high accuracy of speech-to-text conversion.
- It is quite fast. It converts speech-to-text instantly.
- It has a hassle-free interface that’s easy to pick up.
- It’s compatible with many platforms.
Dragon Naturally Speaking Cons
Some headphones provide poor results.
Dragon Naturally Speaking Pricing and Features
The best plan costs a lifetime fee of $300 and comes bundled with all these features:
- Create, format, and edit files just by speaking
- Create email and search the web using voice commands
- Built on Deep Learning speech engine that continuously adjusts to your voice
- Ability to listen back to dictated text
- Optimized for touchscreen devices
- Create and edit your spreadsheets with full-text control in Microsoft Excel
- Create custom voice commands for standard texts
- Import/export custom word lists for your sector
- Turn recordings into editable text
Dragon Naturally Speaking Verdict
Dragon Naturally is an excellent dictation writing software that I recommend to any writer interested in accurate and fast speech-to-text conversion.
8. Write! App
“Write! App” is writing software that is great for managing a workspace and taking notes in your content.
Various customization options in “Write! App” that, combined with the focus mode, let you immerse in your writing work.
If you need a distraction-free writing software, “Write! App” might be for you.
Write! App Pros
- The focus mode is excellent and lets you work in a distraction-free environment.
- Both light and dark theme options are available.
- It backs up your data to cloud storage.
- It offers many sharing and collaboration features.
Write! App Cons
- There isn’t any mobile app.
- It doesn’t have a revision history.
Write! App Pricing and Features
The lifetime fee costs only $24.95. These are the significant features that you get:
- Native Cloud
- Clean UI With Tabs
- Writing Sessions
- Document Link Sharing
- Dark Theme
- Unlimited Ctrl+Z
- Preset Text Styles
- Cross-Document Search
- Compact UI For Note-Taking
- Configurable Auto-Complete
- Productivity Counters
- Intelligent Spellchecker
- Markup Support
- Keyboard-Friendly UI
- Magic Font Rendering
- Right-To-Left Writing
- Export to PDF and TXT
Write! App Verdict
Write! App writing software is excellent for writers looking for a distraction-free workspace for all sorts of content, whether that be novel writing, book writing, or blog posts.
Rev is a dictation tool where you record your audio with their app and send it to them for transcription by a real human.
It has better accuracy than a simple dictation tool since a person rather than a computer does it, but it can be a bit pricey.
- Transcriptions are accurate and reliable.
- Captions are easy to edit thanks to their in-built editor.
- Prices are generally affordable.
- The service is quite fast.
The translation services offered on Rev aren’t up to the par.
Rev Pricing and Features
Rev charges $1.25/minute of audio or video files. You can also get some add-ons like verbatim and timestamps at $0.25/minute.
If you are in a hurry, you can also go for “rush” transcripts at $1 more for each minute, and you will finish your work faster.
You get these features with Rev:
- Top-quality transcript, caption, and subtitle services
- Fast turnaround
- On-demand service
- 24/7 customer support
- Strict confidentiality policy
If you want 100% accurate transcriptions for your interviews or writing content, then there is no better option than Rev on the market.
Freedom is another writing software that helps writers work in a distraction-free environment.
It disables internet access for a specified period so that writers can focus solely on content writing. Excellent for book writing and novel writing.
- Freedom creates an effective distraction-free environment for content writing.
- Freedom usage is quite simple.
- Available on a wide range of platforms.
- It’s pretty affordable.
Time tracking can return the report slow sometimes.
Freedom Pricing and Features
The monthly plan for Freedom costs $6.99/month, while the yearly version costs $2.42/month.
You can also get lifetime access to Freedom by paying a one-time fee of $129.
Freedom has these notable features:
- Unlimited Sessions & Devices
- Recurring Scheduled Sessions
- Advance Scheduling
- Locked Mode
- Coffee Shop Sounds for Focus
- Session Annotation & History
- Freedom Perks Program
Freedom is a good option for writing software that creates a distraction-free environment.
Vellum is a book-formatting software that’s a must-have to every writer interested in self-publishing their books.
Writing a book is only half the battle. Self-publishing your book in a format that sells is another one. Vellum makes that task pretty easy.
- There are lots of formatting options for your books.
- It allows unlimited usage.
- The design options are visually pleasing.
- It gives you the ability to create box-sets for your book series.
- It’s only available on Mac.
- It may not be that affordable.
Vellum Pricing and Features
Vellum costs $199.99 if you want to create ebooks and $249.99 if you also want to create paperback versions.
Notable features of Vellum are:
- Assemble box sets of a series
- Produce advance copies for early feedback
- Connect with links to Facebook and Twitter
- Add store links and help readers buy your next book.
- Generate ebooks for Kindle, Apple Books, Kobo, and more
Vellum is an excellent book writing and novel writing software for making ebooks and paperback editions that look professional.
12. Ginger Software
Ginger Software is another grammar-checking writing software that acts as a second layer of proofreading for your content.
It’s also more affordable than the competition.
Ginger Software Pros
- Spelling and grammar checks are quite fast.
- It trains you not to repeat the same mistakes.
- Available on a wide range of platforms.
- It has an in-built translation tool.
Ginger Software Cons
- There is no plagiarism checker.
- You need an internet connection to use it.
Ginger Software Pricing and Features
It costs $20.97/month ($7.49/month for the yearly payment option and $6.66/month for the bi-yearly one), and it offers the following features:
- Unlimited Grammar Checker
- Translations in 40 Languages
- Ginger for Browsers
- Sentence Rephraser
- Text Reader
- Practice on your mistakes
- Analysis of your errors
That said, in the Ginger vs Grammarly battle, Grammarly would easily win as you get a lot more for a lot less.
Ginger Software Verdict
Go for Ginger Software if you need an affordable grammar-checker writing software. You can get started with it today with the free plan.
13. IA Writer
IA Writer is another distraction-free writing app, but unlike the other apps, this one is more suitable for short-form content like blog posts (or social media posts) than booking writing.
IA Writer Pros
- You can export content directly to WordPress.
- IA Writer allows you to work without any distractions.
- It is affordable.
IA Writer Cons
There isn’t any template included.
IA Writer Pricing and Features
You can get IA Writer on Mac, iOS, Android, and Windows at $29.90 each. There is also a two-week free trial.
Significant features included are:
- Highlight speech corrections
- The original Focus Mode
- Flexible content blocks
- Optimized typeface
- Parallel PDF preview
- Advanced markdown to Microsoft Word
IA Writer Verdict
IA Writer is a nice piece of writing software for producing a work environment free from any sort of distractions.
Dynalist is writing software that allows writers to create an outline for their book or blog post. It’s fast and easy.
You can also use it to create an outline and send it to a writer you have hired.
- You can create an article outlines super quick.
- Using Dynalist is quite simple.
- The free plan is good.
- You can easily organize your notes on Dynalist.
There is no option to change the date formatting.
Dynalist Pricing and Features
The Free plan gives you these features:
- Unlimited items & documents
- Move item
- Internal linking
- Markdown formatting
- Sharing & collaboration
- Export & import
- Five bookmarks
- Community support
The Pro plan is 9.99/month (or $7.99/month annually) and has the following features:
- Google Calendar integration
- Capture to inbox
- Tag pane
- Recurring dates
- Unlimited bookmarks
- Image and file attachments
- Version history
- Daily Dropbox & Google Drive backup
- Item finder
- Custom shortcuts
- Custom mobile toolbar
- Custom CSS
- Custom date display format
- Priority email support
Dynalist is one of the best writing software for making content outlines, and I recommend it to any writer who thinks it will be useful.
Ulysses is a great writing app for organizing the content projects that you can use for blog posts and book writing.
- Simple and easy user interface.
- It has a useful focus mode for working free from any distractions.
- It allows you to keep track of your daily goals.
- You can publish your work directly to WordPress.
It’s only available on Apple products.
Ulysses Pricing and Features
Ulysses costs $5.99/month for the monthly payment option and $4.17/month for the yearly one.
Notable features of Ulysses are:
- Clean, Distraction-Free Interface
- Markup-Based Text Editor
- Plain Text Enhanced
- Themeable Editor
- Keyboard Navigation
- Typewriter Mode
Ulysses is a good writing app if you need software for organizing your work.
Note that it’s not one of the writing apps for windows, and you can only get it on Apple devices.
16. Final Draft
If you are a screenwriter, Final Draft is the ideal writing software for you.
Do note that Final Draft is a piece of writing software that’s a bit harder to master than your usual text editor or word processor.
Final Draft Pros
- The Final Draft writing app has some powerful features.
- A wide range of pre-made templates is available.
- It’s the best writing app for screenwriters.
- Collaboration features are available.
Final Draft Cons
It lacks a good revision history.
Final Draft Pricing and Features
Final Draft has a single fee of $199.99 and includes the following list of features:
- Advanced Brainstorming
- Refined Beat Board
- New Story Map
- Streamlined Writing and Editing
- Real-time Collaboration
- Easier Formatting
- Format Assistant
- Reformat Tool
- Automatic Backup Folder
Final Draft Verdict
It’s a great writing software product for screenwriters and might also be useful for those involved with creative writing in general.
17. Day One
Day One is a writing software product that helps you maintain a journal or diary. It has many useful features like support for photos and markdown.
Day One Pros
- It has lots of text style customization options available.
- Day One has cross-platform support so you can switch between different platforms seamlessly with your progress synced between them.
- Unlike many other journal writing software, Day One has various features to offer you.
Day One Cons
It’s only available on Apple devices.
Day One Pricing and Features
Day One costs $2.92/month, and you have to pay annually. It includes these features:
- Unlimited text entries
- Unlimited journals
- Unlimited secure cloud backup
- Unlimited photos
- Unlimited videos
- Unlimited audio recordings
- Unlimited voice-to-text transcription
- Unlimited drawings
- Instagram Importer
Day One Verdict
I recommend Day One if you require a journal writing software and use Apple devices.
Ever had great ideas pop up into your mind due to random inspiration? But often, you may just forget them by the time you get to writing.
Evernote comes to save the day. It’s a note writing app that you can use to quickly save articles for ideas you may want to use later.
- The features offered are excellent.
- Notes that you take sync between all your platforms.
- The search function is powerful.
The free plan is quite restricted.
Evernote Pricing and Features
The most popular Evernote plan costs $7.99 per month and gives you the following features:
- Team Collaboration
- Unlimited number of devices
- Offline access on both desktop and mobile.
- Live chat and email support.
- 10gb monthly upload limit.
Evernote is a pretty lovely note writing software, and I recommend it to you if you think you will have use for it.
19. Hemingway App
Hemingway App is another writing software with a grammar-checker. It suggests you all sorts of edits and helps you become a better writer.
Hemingway App Pros
- Editing suggestions are in specific color codings.
- Both the browser and the local version is available.
- The user interface is simple to use.
Hemingway App Cons
- There is no save function in the online version.
- No spelling checks.
Hemingway App Pricing and Features
Hemingway App costs $19.99 and is available on both Mac and Windows. Notable features are:
- Use it anywhere, no internet connection required
- Format your prose
- Publish directly to WordPress & Medium
- Publish for the rest of the web
- Export to Microsoft Word or other editors
- Send Hemingway editor highlights to colleagues
Hemingway App Verdict
The online version of the Hemingway editor is excellent since it is entirely free and requires no account. I recommend you to use it to try the software out.
Ayoa is a writing app that allows you to create outlines for your content. Mind maps are useful for improving overall work speed and efficiency.
- The most vital point of it is the ease of use.
- It has a pleasing design.
- You can create a daily work checklist.
You have to be online to use it.
Ayoa Pricing and Features
The Pro plan costs $10/month/user (and you have to pay annually) and includes these features:
- Real-time collaboration
- Personal planner
- Ayoa chat
- Unlimited boards
- File storage (up to 20mb per file)
- Gantt timeline view
- Task assignment
- Tags & filters
- Priority support
I recommend Ayoa to anyone that’s looking for mind-map writing software. You can get started with it today with the free plan.
Airstory allows you to quickly take a clip from a research article so that you can simply drag it into your content with a citation for the source.
- You can drop notes quickly using the drag-and-drop function.
- Airstory has many pre-made templates available.
- The free plan is great.
It might not be user-friendly for everyone.
Airstory Pricing and Features
The free plan is great, but it still has some restrictions, and if you have an organization, the Business plan is a must-have.
It costs $6.47/month/user and offers all these features:
- Up to 100 GB storage
- Advanced integrations
- Chat and email support
- Invite unlimited co-writers
- Edit easily with an inline hover bar
- Turn on-page text into notes in a click.
- Share templates with your team
The free plan is good enough for individual writers but if you are business, go with the paid version.
22. The Novel Factory
The Novel Factory is mainly a fiction writing app that’s great for writing books since it has step-by-step guides.
It has two versions, online and desktop. Both are suitable for book writing.
The Novel Factory Pros
- There are pre-made story templates that you can customize.
- Navigating around your book is more comfortable with The Novel Factory.
- Guide for explaining each step for book writing.
The Novel Factory Cons
Importing drafts sometimes produces issues.
The Novel Factory Pricing and Features
The Standard plan costs $16.50/month (you have to pay for it annually) and gives you access to the following:
- 500Mb Storage
- Unlimited Novels
- Notes & Statistics
- Image uploads
The Novel Factory Verdict
I recommend The Novel Factory to all writers interested in booking writing. You can try it out with the free trial.
Campfire is another booking writing software that helps you with story development and planning.
- The world-building features are unique.
- You can create proper timelines.
- It gives you the ability to upload and pin maps.
The price might be a bit too high.
Campfire Pricing and Features
Campfire's Pro is a single purchase of $49.99 and gives you the following features:
- Character Development
- Story Timelines
- Maps & Locations
You can also go with the Worldbuilding pack, which costs $74.98 and gives you access to Advanced Worldbuilding features.
Do you need book writing software with worldbuilding features? Then, Campfire might be the one for you.
A big part of content writing is researching your topic thoroughly. However, it can get a bit tedious reading through articles and books.
That’s where Audible software comes in. You can buy and listen to audiobooks and finish your research material faster.
- Audible has an easy return policy.
- There is a big selection of titles available on the platform.
- Compatible with a wide range of devices.
- A summarized version of some audiobooks is available, which will let you finish your research quicker.
There isn’t any free account.
Audible Pricing and Features
The Audible Premium Plus plan costs $14.95/month, and it gives you free monthly credits that you can use to get any audiobook at any price for free.
Trello is another writing software that helps you with project management and collaboration.
You can use it for any type of content, whether it be blog posts or book writing.
- Trello board can help you with organizing a book.
- It has a time tracker that can help you improve productivity.
- It has some excellent collaboration features.
Trello only works when you have an active internet connection.
Trello Pricing and Features
The free plan might be good enough for individual writers, but the Business Class plan is ideal for an organization.
It costs $9.99/month/per (if you decide to pay annually) and includes these features:
- Unlimited Personal Boards
- Unlimited Cards
- 250MB per File Attachment
- Advanced Checklists
- Priority Support
- Custom Backgrounds & Stickers
- Unlimited Team Boards
Trello is a writing app with powerful management tools. I recommend you to try out the free plan to check if it’s for you.
Why should you use digital writing software?
Back in the day, writing tools used to be quite bad at pointing out errors and giving writing suggestions. Because of this, they gained the reputation of being inaccurate.
Things are different today. Now, creative writing software is good enough that they can act as a replacement for a proofread. They offer not only to help with typo errors but also with grammatical mistakes.
Some of the best writing software on the market go beyond this and help you become a better writer by pointing out vocabulary, sentence clarity, structure, etc. They also score your content based on readability.
A shortlist of features that writing software may contain is:
- Help with the creation of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) based content.
- All sorts of easy content templates are available.
- It gives you explanations with all errors and suggestions so that you can learn more.
- Tips for content ideas.
- Provide similar works for getting some inspiration.
- Organize writing projects according to your needs.
As you can see from this list, the best writing apps help you hammer out errors and improve your content and learn to be a better writer at the same time.
Alright, let’s begin with the best writing apps now.
In this article, you have seen all the best writing software available on the market.
Some of the best writing software were expensive, some were outright free, and some were cheap. Some had many features; others had less.
However, all the software had something to offer you. Even a simple word processor like Microsoft Word can be a viable choice.
So, deciding which writing app to get is a crucial choice, and you shouldn’t rush the decision.
I recommend that you go through the features and pricing carefully to see whether any of the writing apps are for you or not.
You can also quickly decide by asking yourself questions like “Do I need a free writing software?” or “Do I need a book writing software?”.
I would say only go with writing apps that you think are suitable for you. Many of them offer free plans so you can try the service out to come to a decision.
Once you start using writing software, you should try to make sure that the tools are useful for your website’s growth.
If you feel that your website’s progress is the same as without the software, you might want to drop those tools.
So yeah, in the end, you want to improve your writing business, go for any software that you feel will help you do that.
In my opinion, at least get Grammarly as it will be of great use to all types of writers.