If you’re looking for the perfect luggage be it for everyday use or for long travel tips then you’ve come to the right place!
In this article, I’ll be reviewing the Samsonite Cosmolite in detail and further breaking it down to tell you exactly why you should get it and why you should not.
So, let’s get started.
Click here to skip right to the review.
Samsonite Cosmolite Review 2019
Cosmolite is Samsonite’s mainstream collection built with revolutionary CURV technology, now made better than before. In keeping with its overall iconic fashion look, an impressive weight reduction of 18% on the spinner.
The 75 reference size has been achieved, reaching an incredible 2.8 kg in weight. In parallel, its iconic look features new detailing on locks, wheels, nametags, pull-end carry handles, and zip-protection. Its specially molded ridges add style and distinction to Cosmolite.
Curv technology enables Samsonite to make the strongest and lightest cases. Curve, a registered trademark of Propex Fabrics, is a reinforced material made of woven threads of polypropylene and is specific to Samsonite.
Samsonite Cosmolite dimensions & Size:
- Outer Dimensions
Why should you buy Samsonite Cosmolite Suitcase?
This suitcase has a ton of features. All features at a glance will appear in this article, that came to my attention.
Reason 1. Innovative Structure & Design
With the Cosmolite, Samsonite has slightly changed the weight and design to make it stand out even more. They have gone for a shell look, with lines flowing vertically from the bottom and tilting outward.
Reason 2. Easy & Flexible Packing
The clamshell design of this model is quite common in suitcases today and for a perfect reason. This design allows you to pack your clothes in both parts more easily. The bottom half has criss-cross elastic straps that hold everything in place.
The top half has a forged zippered panel to hold things in place when you open the case. Separating different types of clothing, as well as accessing your clothes more efficiently. There is a small zipper panel in the middle for all your small items.
Reason 3. TSA-approved Combination Lock for Extra Security
Cosmolite suitcases come with TSA-approved locks, meaning that you should not worry about your locks being open for inspection at the back of the airport. So, one must have TSA compatible locks these days, and the Cosmolite series has them built right in!
With a built-in combination lock, the Samsonite Cosmolite suitcase is good for getting to where you are traveling. No key required! The fixed combination lock provides additional protection for your valuables.
Reason 4. 4 Multi-Directional Spinner Wheels
Four multi-directional spinner wheels allow 360-degrees to rotate upright in multiple directions so that there is no weight on your arm or shoulder. These spinner wheels are effortless to push and pull on flat roads and subway-like surfaces.
You have to push the case along, and the wheels do the rest. Whether you are checking into the flight or your hotel, it is comfortable with spinner wheels. So, it’s also essential that they are smooth, quiet, and spin with ease. Samsonite has you covered there too.
Reason 5. Different Size Variants
Samsonite Cosmolite gives its customers the freedom to choose from three different size variants i.e., 20-inches having weight 4.08 lbs, 28-inches weighing 6.14 lbs and 32-inches having weight 7.72 lbs.
Pros of Samsonite Cosmolite Suitcases?
- You will get the peace of mind from using them. The cases are made using Curv technology, same as used in bulletproof vests. That’s why whatever is in the case is going to be okay.
- The suitcase is very Light-Weight in the hard-side luggage. The 32-inches variant of Cosmolite weighs only 7.72 lbs.
- Suitcase features Four multi-dimensional spinner wheels, which glide effortlessly on any surface, reducing the strain on your arms.
- The Cosmolite’s amazing exterior, with the accessories, still looks classic. A touch-less smooth and shiny than they once were, but yet not attractive. There may be some bruises and scratches, but they are not much noticeable.
- Samsonite Cosmolite features TSA-approved combination lock, which provides high security to the luggage inside your luggage.
What are the Cons of Samsonite Cosmolite Suitcase?
- People do have trouble with zippers. Broken zips are likely to arise when you have overpacked.
- The Samsonite Cosmolite is an expensive investment in the luggage. So, my question to you is, would you prefer to invest in this case and have something durable, robust, and sturdy OR buy any cheaper luggage frequently?
Some relevant FAQs about Samsonite Cosmolite Bag
1. For whom Samsonite Cosmolite is suitable?
Samsonite built this suitcase with great functionality. If you love to travel often, then you should invest in one of the Cosmolite suitcases. As this bag is quite expensive, I will recommend this suitcase to the people who travel frequently.
2. Does Samsonite provide any warranty on Cosmolite Suitcases?
Yes, Samsonite Cosmolite Comes with a 10-Year Warranty. You can claim the warranty globally.
3. Where can you buy Samsonite Cosmolite Suitcase?
You can purchase Cosmolite on the Samsonite’s official online store, as well as on amazon.com with worldwide shipping option.
Final thoughts on Samsonite Cosmolite Suitcase
Samsonite’s Cosmolite is an excellent performing case. When it comes to durability, the suitcase has received only modest, barely noticeable scaffolds. Likewise, spinner wheels score full. The light-weight case has plenty of interior space, but the pocket has a weak border.
Not only the case run smoothly, gliding across all surfaces with ease, but they were also strong and remained intact despite rough testing. I found that the zip line proved to be a weak area of the case, allowing small amounts of water to enter the case.